Masterclass in Madrid - November 2020
50 GGW collaborated with sommelier Terry Kandylis and Guillermo Cruz Alcubierre in the Masterclass Greece vs Spain at ‘Escuela De Cata’ with the participation of 15 professionals. 7 wines were presented on November 19.
Terry Kandylis commented: ‘’The masterclass went extremely well. It is wonderful to see great Greek wines in the face of global competition”.
Guillermo Cruz Alcubierre said: ‘having tasted several Greek wines I do not hide my satisfaction for the great steps that have been taken. The 50 GGW presence in Madrid was impressive.
The wines that were tasted are below:
- Estate Argyros Cuvée Monsignori 2017, Santorini
- Tiniaki Ampelones Clos Stegasta Assyrtiko 2018, Tinos
- Ktima Biblia Chora Areti Assyrtiko 2018, Pangaio
- Alpha Estate Ecosystem Xinomavro Reserve Vieilles Vignes Single Block ”Barba Yannis” 2016, Amyndeo
- Chatzivariti Winery Mus Xinomavro 2018, Slopes of Paiko
- Gaia Wines Gaia Estate 2016, Nemea
- Estate Argyros Vinsanto 20 Years Barrel Aged 1996, Santorini