50 GGW x WiSP Wine & Spirit Campus in Paris - October 2023
In another international collaboration, the 50 Great Greek Wines (50 GGW) initiative partnered once again with Bordeaux’s WiSP Wine & Spirit Campus! Students in the WSET Diploma program had the privilege of tasting selected Greek wines from 50 GGW, focusing on Assyrtiko, Malagousia, Agiorgitiko, Xinomavro and Retsina. Guided by the expertise of Master of Wine Caro Maurer, a wine journalist and judge at 50 GGW.
This collaboration, marking its fourth time, significantly contributed to the students’ understanding of Greek wines within the context of their course’s Greek chapter. It offered invaluable insights and hands-on experience, enriching their knowledge and appreciation of Greek wine.
The wines presented were the following:
- Mikra Thira, Santorini 2021, Assyrtiko, Santorini
- Charalaboglou, Malagouzia in Anthesis 2022, Macedonia
- Troupis, Pitys Ritinitis 2022, Assyrtiko, Peloponnese
- Skouras, Nemea 2021, Agiorgitiko, Peloponnese
- Kir-Yianni, Ramnista 2019, Xinomavro, Naousa