Completing the promotional actions for the 2020 award-winning wines, another 50 GGW masterclass was successfully held. The tasting took place in Budapest on June 20th, as part of the Winelovers Awards competition.
Winelovers Wine Awards offers a focused presentation of wines for countries exporting from Central and Eastern Europe. The contest gives exporters the opportunity to reach the concentrated market of Central and Eastern Europe.
The wines were presented by Lenka Sedlackova MW with the presence of wine professionals, Master Sommelier and winelovers.
Lenka commented on her social media: “Very much enjoyed presenting a @50greatgreekwines masterclass in Budapest to a full room of wine experts and wine lovers. Hard to select just 8 wines from what Greece has to offer but this is a fantastic ‘taster’. Thanks to all the wineries for their support!”
Furthermore, Julia Scavo (Europe’s 3rd best sommelier) commented extensively on her social media with a very positive impression about her experience from the tasting.
Below are the wines tasted:
- Mylonas Winery Savatiano 2019, Attica
- Oenops Wines Vidiano 2021, Crete
- Tiniaki Ampelones Clos Stegasta Assyrtiko 2020, Tinos
- Volcanic Slopes Vineyards Pure 2018, Santorini
- Mitravelas Estate Ktima Red 2020, Nemea
- Alpha Estate Ecosystem Xinomavro Reserve Vieilles Vignes Single Block ”Barba Yannis” 2018, Amyndeo
- Dougos Winery Rapsani Old Vines 2018, Rapsani
- Estate Argyros, Vinsanto Late Release 2001, Santorini